Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bittersweet Goodbye

Since 2007 I have worked for the City of Saratoga Springs in multiple departments.  I have truly grown to love so many of the people that work there.  Saratoga is really lucky to have the people they have.  They put their heart and soul into their jobs with very little payback or appreciation.  After much thought and discussion, my husband and I decided that the best thing for our family was to make the decision for me to quit my job and stay home with the kids.  As excited as I am for this new adventure in my life it does come with a little sadness at saying goodbye to those I have spent many hours with and worked beside so closely. This past Tuesday my office did a farewell lunch for me where they presented me with my very own official Saratoga Springs street sign.  I will greatly miss those I've worked with but I'm looking forward to making  memories with my kids.  They are only little once and I want to make the most of this short time I have with them.  Thank you Saratoga staff for making me feel so special and being supportive of my decision.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

That's cool to have your own street sign! I'm excited for you to get to stay home with the cute kids!

Brooke said...

The sign is pretty neat! Can't wait to see how this new phase of life goes and hopefully we will get to hang out with the kids more.