I love Sunday's because they give me time to sit back and reflect. The other day I was going through some old journals of mine and found this poem I had written years ago. Since then it's kind of been on my mind. I had hoped at the time to extend the poem so that it would flow a little better and eventually turn it into a song but I never did get around to it. In the meantime here is what I wrote back in May 2003.
ALIVE IN ME
There's a man they say from Galilee
I'm told he is the King.
Born of humble birth,
Living of the earth,
I was not there when the blind man saw,
Nor when the lame stood up and walked.
I did not see his agony
As they nailed him to a cross.
This King of Kings
Gave just for me
As he suffered in Gethsemane.
And I know as I'm upon my knees
I could never be just as he.
But I believe
He lives in me
He knows what I can be.
I close my eyes
So I can See
That it is He
Being Alive in Me.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Lately I have found it very easy to be down on myself or feel very overwhelmed. I have forgotten that there are things everyday that tell me I'm important or that some of these things that I worry about all the time just don't really matter in the big scheme of things. So I started to look for the little things in my life that make life worth while. As I did so, I began to see the little pieces of Heaven that are all around me. Here are some of my Pieces of Heaven what are yours?
- The way Gus (my dog) walks me to the door when I leave for work in the mornings, sits down, and looks at me as if he were telling me to have a great day.
- The change in the leaves at fall.
- The feel of rain on my face.
- The first tulip in the spring.
- The way Karl talks to Fischer through my belly.
- A song that happens to play on the radio at the right time when you least expect it and you realize that those words were meant for you at that time. At that moment, you have the realization that someone greater then yourself is telling you He heard your prayer.