|Fischer enjoyed hangin' with the Rockstar ladies.|
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Sunday, April 7, 2013
I love this time of year when I get to listen to General Conference. I always feel so inspired and devoted to making myself better and becoming the person I want to be. The past couple of Conferences I really didn't get much of a chance to watch them much. Last Spring Karl and I were out of town on a weekend getaway and last October I was in the hospital with my newborn son Griffin.
Although I wouldn't have traded either one of those experiences I was really looking forward to getting to sit down and listen to the words of the Prophet and his Apostles this Spring. This year was also the first year I really wanted to get Fischer excited about conference. He is only three and his attention span is short to say the least. So in an effort to make conference fun for him we focused the entire week talking about general conference and being being excited about conference. We even held a special Family Home Evening regarding the importance of listening to the prophet. We printed four pictures (temple, prophet, Jesus, and family). We talked about each of the pictures and told Fischer to watch and listen for these words in conference. Every time he sees or hears someone talk about one of these 4 items he gets to pull a candy out of that bowl. So far it's worked pretty good. Sometimes he grabs candy from a different bowl then what the speaker was talking about but he is listening and allowing his parents to listen as well. I hope as he gets older he will receive an appreciation for the talks given during General Conference and apply them to his life as well.
I can not believe six months ago today I was siting in the hospital holding my fresh from heaven little boy. Griffin is such a joy. He has grown into the sweetest and happiest baby I have ever met. His smile can light up a room. Some fun facts about Griffin this month:
- He gives loves or hugs.
- He rolls all over the place.
- He is EXTREMELY talkative. He squills, laughs, coos, caas, and makes whatever noise he can think of to get attention. I have to remove him from lessons at church just because he is so loud.
- He loves the water and splashing around.
- He's starting to cut some teeth. Nothing has poked through yet but he chews on everything and drools everywhere.
- Wants to be one of the big boys and tries so hard to figure out how to get from one place to another. I can tell he can't wait to be running along side his big brother.