Sunday, April 7, 2013

General Conference

I love this time of year when I get to listen to General Conference.  I always feel so inspired and devoted to making myself better and becoming the person I want to be.  The past couple of Conferences I really didn't get much of a chance to watch them much.  Last Spring Karl and I were out of town on a weekend getaway and last October I was in the hospital with my newborn son Griffin.  
Although I wouldn't have traded either one of those experiences I was really looking forward to getting to sit down and listen to the words of the Prophet and his Apostles this Spring.  This year was also the first year I really wanted to get Fischer excited about conference.  He is only three and his attention span is short to say the least.  So in an effort to make conference fun for him we focused the entire week talking about general conference and being being excited about conference. We even held a special Family Home Evening regarding the importance of listening to the prophet.  We printed four pictures (temple, prophet, Jesus, and family). We talked about each of the pictures and told Fischer to watch and listen for these words  in conference.  Every time he sees or hears someone talk about one of these 4 items he gets to pull a candy out of that bowl.  So far it's worked pretty good.  Sometimes he grabs candy from a different bowl then what the speaker was talking about but he is listening and allowing his parents to listen as well. I hope as he gets older he will receive an appreciation for the talks given during General Conference and apply them to his life as well.
  

No comments: