Sunday, October 25, 2009

Alive In Me

I love Sunday's because they give me time to sit back and reflect. The other day I was going through some old journals of mine and found this poem I had written years ago. Since then it's kind of been on my mind. I had hoped at the time to extend the poem so that it would flow a little better and eventually turn it into a song but I never did get around to it. In the meantime here is what I wrote back in May 2003.

ALIVE IN ME

There's a man they say from Galilee
I'm told he is the King.
Born of humble birth,
Living of the earth,
Giving unselfishly.

I was not there when the blind man saw,
Nor when the lame stood up and walked.
I did not see his agony
As they nailed him to a cross.

This King of Kings
Gave just for me
As he suffered in Gethsemane.
And I know as I'm upon my knees
I could never be just as he.

But I believe
He lives in me
He knows what I can be.
I close my eyes
So I can See
That it is He
Being Alive in Me.

4 comments:

Parker and Jes said...

Your poem is wonderful! What an amazing talent val--thanks for sharing it with us.

Jess said...

Thats awesome Val! I'm glad you were able to find it. PS- Fischers room looks great- definitely says "Karls son"

Kaylee said...

wow, that is such a good poem! Thanks for sharing :)

Brooke said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but I love the poem!