Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th of July

We had a GREAT 4th.  This is such a great holiday.  I'm so grateful to live in the country I do.  I'm grateful for all the wonderful men and women who serve this country diligently.  This year we were lucky enough to have my sister from Texas in town.  We did lunch at my Mom's and then that night we all got together for fireworks at our place.  It was a lot fun.  Together, with the family and neighbors, we had the best show in the neighborhood.  I think in total we had about 40 people here enjoying the fireworks. 
Alyson with her sparkler 
Watching Fireworks with Grandma
(Katelynn & Fischer) 
Trying out the Sparkler 
Some of the neighbors 
I didn't get a picture of it but Karl and I were in charge of the grand finale.  We had three of the overhead (now legal) fireworks going off at the same time.  It was really fun to see and be that close to them. Thanks to everyone that came, participated, and brought fireworks.  This will definitely have to be the beginning of a yearly tradition.

No comments: