Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Day of Fishing

So Karl has been meaning to take me fishing so I could learn for some time now. He planned on taking me out for our anniversary but ended up hurting his knees while on his big fishing/hiking trip in Montana. So on Saturday he took me on an all expense guided fishing trip (Karl being the guide of course), lunch included. Which I have to say he put together all himself and it wasn't half bad. So for my fishing adventure we decided to try Current Creek. We left early in the morning and we're on our way by 6:00 am. Once to the river (which is about a hour and a half drive) we started to put the fishing rod together and to our realization, Karl forgot to pack the waders and boots. I wondered how anyone could forget something like that since that typically is the first thing you grab next to the fishing pole. (Some fishing guide...Just kidding Karl you were great).

So after Karl finished beating himself up for being stupid enough to forget something like that and me getting my sides to stop hurting since I was laughing so hard about the "fishing pro." forgetting the waders, we decided we would just rough it out and go wading in our clothes and what ever shoes we happened to be wearing. The water of course was nice and cold but once the toes went numb we were fine. Anyway, I did manage to catch myself a whopper of a fish (A whole 3 inches long). Yeah Me! I did miss quite a few and actually missed a decent size one. It was fun though and can't wait to go again. Karl was a great fishing guide and very patient to me learning. Gus also got to join us and had a grand old time running around the woods. After fishing a few holes and having lunch we decided to pack up and head home. Not a minute later after we were in the vehicle on our way out, we hit a big rain/hail storm. Luck must have been on our side.
This isn't the best picture but if you look at the dirt you can see how hard it was coming down.


Just to give you an idea of the hail that we ran into I took a picture of this as well. Look closely on the window wiper and you can see the small size hail.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Super Cute picture of you Val! Glad you had fun dispite the weather and the lack of appropriate gear:)

Parker and Jes said...

You caught a fish?! That's fantastic! Looks like you're on your way to becoming a pro :)