Friday, August 7, 2009

Date Nights

So since Karl was gone on his big fishing trip in Montana during our Anniversary, we had to celebrate our special occasion at a later time. Although we didn't get to celebrate on the actual day we were married I had a great time. Last Saturday Karl and I decided to have a fun, but low key night. He took me out to Texas Road House for dinner where we were able to sit back, talk, and just catch up on what happened during the week while he was gone. After dinner Karl took me to a movie I have been wanting to see, The Proposal. We both liked the movie and had a good laugh over it.
The following Tuesday, Karl surprised me with Cirque Du Soleil tickets for the Saltimbanco show for Thursday night that is here in Salt Lake City. I was SO excited. I have never been to any of their shows and had wanted to for some time. So last night I got to see my first Cirque Du Soleil show and I have to say it didn't disappoint. It was amazing some of the things these people could do. It was fun watching Karl cause the whole time during the show he kept shaking his head saying that crazy, can you believe that, wow that's just crazy. I think we were both impressed. Karl also was able to get my ring back from the jewelers. He decided to get an anniversary band to go with my wedding ring and was having them all put together for me. It looks great and I'm really excited about it. All in all, it ended up being a great 5 year anniversary celebration. I got to spend time with the man I love.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

So fun, can't wait to see your ring with the new band!