Saturday, March 18, 2017

My Birthday

For my birthday this year I wanted to do something fun with the kids.  Karl was out of town so the boys and I made the most of it.  I decided that this year I would spoil myself and actually make a cake for myself.
It was a chocolate cake with mounds center, coconut cream frosting and covered in chocolate ganache.  It was super yummy.

 That afternoon the kids and I went bowling and played some arcades.  I hit the jackpot on a game and won over 2500 tickets.  This is a picture of the kids with just some of the stuff they received from our ticket winning.

 We decided no birthday was complete without icecream. So the boys and I stopped at Cold Stone.


had to throw in a silly face picture.
For dinner we met up with my parents and went out to eat at a local Mexican place.  Karl later surprised me with not only tickets to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie but also with a round trip ticket to Virginia.  I've been wanting to see my sister who lives there and now I can.  Thanks Karl, even though you couldn't be a part of  my special day in person you still found ways to make me feel special.  Love you!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad you had some fun for your birthday! I'm so excited for you to go on your trip! I hope it is a blast!

Kaylee said...

I'm so glad you spoiled yourself for your birthday! That's awesome that you got the jackpot! I'm sure the boys loved that!