Friday, June 8, 2012

Bedtime Sweetness

Putting Fischer to bed at our house is one of my favorite times of the day.  (And No it is not because he's going to bed and I get time to myself.) Fischer's bedtime ritual is one my favorites. It's one of the few moments in our day where the TV is off, the phones are turned away, and we get to spend a couple minutes just as a family.  Bedtime ritual starts with a bath that usually is done by his Dad while i get his PJ's together and gather up his blanket.  I love hearing the two of them laugh and giggle about bubbles in the tub or splashing daddy.  It truly is music to a mother's ears.  Once bath time is done and Fischer is dressed in jammies we settle down and read a chapter from the scriptures.  Fischer usually likes to sit next to me and read along.  Then he gets to pick a book of his own.  Sometimes two.  Once reading is done we say our prayers (which is becoming so cute as Fischer tries to say his own.)  Then for my personal favorite...a little dance with Mom.  Every night I will hold him and as he lays his head on my shoulder and we will either sing or hum a song while we sway back and forth.  Lately Fischer will be the one who will sing and hum a song as we sway and dance around the room.  It melts my heart and I love it.  I hope it's something that will last for awhile as I know all little boys grow up.  

1 comment:

Brooke said...

It does go so fast, enjoy those moments before they change. Soon you'll have two to share it with. :0)